top of page
- Wed, 14 DecEspooV. Durairaj: Nanocellulose / Nanocarbon Composites for Direct Electrochemical Detection of Small MoleculesIn this thesis, nanocellulosic materials with different geometries and functionalizations have been used to develop composite electrode architectures with commercial multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT).
- Fri, 07 OctEspooThis thesis furthers understanding of how the choice of the processing method affects the structural and physical properties of the feather keratin and its interactions with lignocellulosics.
- Fri, 26 AugEspooThis thesis studies whether it is possible to assess pulp reactivity by monitoring the rheological behavior of fiber suspensions during dissolution.
- Fri, 20 MayEspooK. Moriam: Modification of Ioncell spinning technology to increase fiber toughness and create a water-repellent surfaceThis thesis presents an eco-friendly way of hydrophobizing the Ioncell fibers and strategies to improve the mechanical properties of the Ioncell fibers.
- Fri, 13 MayEspooThis thesis investigates the performance of technical lignin—a primary waste from biomass processing industries—as an organic binder in anticorrosion coatings, with a focus on the industrial applicability of these materials and associated deposition techniques.
- Thu, 05 MayEspooIn this thesis, cellulosic nanomaterials were investigated for application as fluidic and sensing platforms.
- Fri, 22 AprEspooRahul P.B. Ashok: Industrial production of colloidal lignin particles and biomass-based platform chemicalsThe main goal of this doctoral research was the development of economically, technically feasible, sustainable, and profitable processes to produce valuable products from biomass.
- Fri, 08 AprEspooThe goal is to renew the paper and board industry to produce higher value-added products for future markets.
- Fri, 08 AprEspooThis thesis provides insights into the chemical and physical characteristics of biocolorants, understanding of the multicomponent nature and its effect on coloration, and introduces the potential applications for functional materials composed of cellulose and biocolorants.
- Tue, 29 MarZoomThis work explores inkjet printed surface modification of custom-designed pigment coatings intended as analytical device substrates.
- Fri, 04 FebZoomIn this thesis, extremely water repellent (superhydrophobic) surfaces were used for guiding the biosynthesis of bacterially produced nanocellulose.
- Thu, 27 JanZoomThis thesis investigates fundamental and practical aspects of the materials and methods used to assemble 3D structures from bio-based materials using mono- to multi-component systems through bottom-up and other processes.
bottom of page