top of page
Highlights of our upcoming and past events
Hybrid event in Brussels on Nov 30 -
Recordings from our annual seminar 2022 are now available!
Check out our science documentary!
No upcoming events at the moment
- Wed, 14 DecEspooV. Durairaj: Nanocellulose / Nanocarbon Composites for Direct Electrochemical Detection of Small MoleculesIn this thesis, nanocellulosic materials with different geometries and functionalizations have been used to develop composite electrode architectures with commercial multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT).
- Wed, 30 NovHybridUNITE and FinnCERES Flagships are pleased to invite you to our unique event introducing the latest research and development taking place in the circular forest bioeconomy.
- Thu, 10 NovKorjaamoCircular Design Network Project will share insights to data-enabled circular battery, textile and agri-food value chains. Join us for top key notes and to learn about the project results. Utilize this opportunity to network with the key stakeholders on data for circularity!
- Fri, 07 OctEspooThis thesis furthers understanding of how the choice of the processing method affects the structural and physical properties of the feather keratin and its interactions with lignocellulosics.
- Tue, 04 OctAalto University, Lecture room L1Welcome to our hybrid workshop jointly organized by Surface Measurements Systems and FinnCERES.
- Wed, 21 SeptHaukilahden lukioWelcome to our hybrid event jointly organized by FinnCERES and the Finnish Forest Products Engineers’ Association (PI). Join us to meet Talents for the future bioeconomy!
- Fri, 26 AugEspooThis thesis studies whether it is possible to assess pulp reactivity by monitoring the rheological behavior of fiber suspensions during dissolution.
- Fri, 20 MayEspooK. Moriam: Modification of Ioncell spinning technology to increase fiber toughness and create a water-repellent surfaceThis thesis presents an eco-friendly way of hydrophobizing the Ioncell fibers and strategies to improve the mechanical properties of the Ioncell fibers.
- Fri, 13 MayEspooThis thesis investigates the performance of technical lignin—a primary waste from biomass processing industries—as an organic binder in anticorrosion coatings, with a focus on the industrial applicability of these materials and associated deposition techniques.
- Thu, 05 MayEspooIn this thesis, cellulosic nanomaterials were investigated for application as fluidic and sensing platforms.
- Thu, 28 AprWebinarThe FinnCERES Scientific Seminar 2022 will explore the full potential of bio-based raw materials. This year we will focus on how to fully harness the inherent properties of all the lignocellulosic fractions to develop new bio-based and bio-inspired materials.
bottom of page