top of page
Highlights of our upcoming and past events
FinnCERES INTERACT Summer School 2023
Read more about the Flagships' Brussels expedition
Check out our science documentary!
- Tue, 24 OctDipoli, Palaver, Aalto University24 Oct, 09:30 – 15:00 EESTDipoli, Palaver, Aalto University, Otakaari 24, 02150 Espoo, FinlandOur Ecosystem Event of 2023 brings together top experts from industry and academia to discuss the central questions of utilizing advanced bio-based materials on an industrial scale.
- Thu, 16 NovMarriott Hotel Grand Place16 Nov, 09:00 – 18:00 CETMarriott Hotel Grand Place, Rue Auguste Orts, Grand Place 3-7, 1000 Bruxelles, BelgiumThis event brings together key innovators, policy-makers, researchers, and funding agencies with the aim to explore the importance of the bioeconomy in fostering resource efficiency, resilience, and value creation across Europe.
- Wed, 29 NovAalto University29 Nov, 11:00 – 17:00 EETAalto University, Palaver, Dipoli, Otakaari 24, 02150 Espoo, FinlandLearn how to benefit from advanced X-ray and neutron techniques in bio-based materials research.
- Tue, 04 JunUniversity of Helsinki04 Jun 2024, 10:00 EEST – 07 Jun 2024, 15:00 EESTUniversity of Helsinki, City Center CampusBiocolours 2024 conference welcomes researchers from all over the world to Helsinki, to share findings of natural and bio-based colourants within the theme of ‘Sustainable Value Chain for Colour’.
- Mon, 04 SeptHotel Korpilampi, Espoo, Finland04 Sept, 10:00 EEST – 08 Sept, 15:00 EESTHotel Korpilampi, Espoo, Finland, Korpilammentie 5, 02970 Espoo, FinlandWelcome to the FinnCERES Flagship INTERACT Summer School: Harnessing the Power of Interactions for Lignocellulosics Design!
- Fri, 01 SeptAalto UniversityA. Ketola: Surface and inter-fibre interactions in aqueous cellulose-based systems for open fibrous structures01 Sept, 12:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall L1, Vuorimiehentie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThe thesis' findings increase the general understanding of fibre surface properties and interaction mechanisms between bubbles and cellulose fibres and can be applied in material design i
- Fri, 25 AugAalto University25 Aug, 12:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall Ke2, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis thesis presents a comprehensive biorefinery concept based on wood fractionation in gamma-valerolactone.
- Fri, 18 AugAalto UniversityI. Leppänen: Inherent and Tailored Properties of Cellulose - A Versatile Toolbox for Materials Engineering18 Aug, 12:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall L1, Vuorimiehentie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis thesis explored the inherent properties of cellulose and aimed to exploit them in innovative material solutions.
- Fri, 30 JunAalto University30 Jun, 12:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall Ke1, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThe primary objective of this thesis is to analyse the suitability of spectroscopic-based imaging methods to reveal the distribution of chemical reagents in modified wood at different length scales.
- Thu, 01 JunWebinar01 Jun, 13:00 – 14:00WebinarJoin the World Circular Economy Forum Accelerator Session webinar to learn how Finnish forerunner companies apply circular design in minerals, textile, and food industry as well as in chemical products and processes. The webinar is jointly hosted by Aalto, Syke, GTK, VTT and LUKE.
- Fri, 26 MayAalto University26 May, 12:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall Ke2, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis thesis aimed to develop a faster and less energy-demanding bleaching technology by using hypochlorous acid as a bleaching chemical for kraft pulp.
- Thu, 25 MayAalto University25 May, 08:20 – 14:30 EESTAalto University, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandBusiness Finland together with the FinnCERES Flagship are organizing a seminar focusing on wood construction and novel bio-based materials as a part of the Bioeconomy Trade and Study Mission from the United States to Finland.
- Wed, 24 MayAalto University24 May, 12:00 – 14:30 EESTAalto University, , Lecture room Ke2, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis dissertation studied the effects of the self-assembly on both structural and optical properties of dried films and coatings.
- Wed, 14 DecEspooV. Durairaj: Nanocellulose / Nanocarbon Composites for Direct Electrochemical Detection of Small Molecules14 Dec 2022, 12:00 – 15:00 EETEspoo, Circular Raw Materials Hub, lecture hall Aluminium, Vuorimiehentie 2, Espoo, FinlandIn this thesis, nanocellulosic materials with different geometries and functionalizations have been used to develop composite electrode architectures with commercial multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT).
- Wed, 30 NovHybrid30 Nov 2022, 15:30 – 18:00 CETHybridUNITE and FinnCERES Flagships are pleased to invite you to our unique event introducing the latest research and development taking place in the circular forest bioeconomy.
- Thu, 10 NovKorjaamo10 Nov 2022, 12:00 – 15:30Korjaamo, Töölönkatu 51b, 00250 Helsinki, FinlandCircular Design Network Project will share insights to data-enabled circular battery, textile and agri-food value chains. Join us for top key notes and to learn about the project results. Utilize this opportunity to network with the key stakeholders on data for circularity!
- Wed, 09 NovUEF Campus09 Nov 2022, 10:00 – 10 Nov 2022, 18:00UEF Campus, Yliopistokatu 7, 80130 Joensuu, FinlandForest&Photonics is a unique professional event that brings together the forest and technology experts to network, collaborate and share their experiences, challenges and solutions.
- Fri, 07 OctEspoo07 Oct 2022, 13:00 – 15:00 EESTEspoo, Lecture hall Ke2, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis thesis furthers understanding of how the choice of the processing method affects the structural and physical properties of the feather keratin and its interactions with lignocellulosics.
- Tue, 04 OctAalto University, Lecture room L104 Oct 2022, 10:30 – 12:30 EESTAalto University, Lecture room L1, Vuorimiehentie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandWelcome to our hybrid workshop jointly organized by Surface Measurements Systems and FinnCERES.
- Wed, 21 SeptHaukilahden lukio21 Sept 2022, 13:00 – 17:00 EESTHaukilahden lukio, Tekniikantie 3, 02150 Espoo, FinlandWelcome to our hybrid event jointly organized by FinnCERES and the Finnish Forest Products Engineers’ Association (PI). Join us to meet Talents for the future bioeconomy!
bottom of page