top of page
Highlights of our upcoming and past events
FinnCERES INTERACT Summer School 2023
Read more about the Flagships' Brussels expedition
Check out our science documentary!
- Mon, 04 SeptHotel Korpilampi, Espoo, FinlandWelcome to the FinnCERES Flagship INTERACT Summer School: Harnessing the Power of Interactions for Lignocellulosics Design!
- Thu, 01 JunWebinarJoin the World Circular Economy Forum Accelerator Session webinar to learn how Finnish forerunner companies apply circular design in minerals, textile, and food industry as well as in chemical products and processes. The webinar is jointly hosted by Aalto, Syke, GTK, VTT and LUKE.
- Fri, 26 MayAalto UniversityThis thesis aimed to develop a faster and less energy-demanding bleaching technology by using hypochlorous acid as a bleaching chemical for kraft pulp.
- Thu, 25 MayAalto UniversityBusiness Finland together with the FinnCERES Flagship are organizing a seminar focusing on wood construction and novel bio-based materials as a part of the Bioeconomy Trade and Study Mission from the United States to Finland.
- Wed, 24 MayAalto UniversityThis dissertation studied the effects of the self-assembly on both structural and optical properties of dried films and coatings.
- Tue, 21 MarHybrid seminarJoin us for the FinnCERES Annual Seminar: Future in the Making featuring examples of cutting-edge research shaping the future of material science!
- Wed, 14 DecEspooV. Durairaj: Nanocellulose / Nanocarbon Composites for Direct Electrochemical Detection of Small MoleculesIn this thesis, nanocellulosic materials with different geometries and functionalizations have been used to develop composite electrode architectures with commercial multiwalled carbon nanotubes (MWCNT).
- Wed, 30 NovHybridUNITE and FinnCERES Flagships are pleased to invite you to our unique event introducing the latest research and development taking place in the circular forest bioeconomy.
- Thu, 10 NovKorjaamoCircular Design Network Project will share insights to data-enabled circular battery, textile and agri-food value chains. Join us for top key notes and to learn about the project results. Utilize this opportunity to network with the key stakeholders on data for circularity!
- Wed, 09 NovUEF CampusForest&Photonics is a unique professional event that brings together the forest and technology experts to network, collaborate and share their experiences, challenges and solutions.
- Tue, 25 OctHelsinki, FinlandNordic Wood Biorefinery Conference (NWBC) is a leading international event for industry and research professionals in wood-based biorefinery.
- Fri, 07 OctEspooThis thesis furthers understanding of how the choice of the processing method affects the structural and physical properties of the feather keratin and its interactions with lignocellulosics.
- Tue, 04 OctAalto University, Lecture room L1Welcome to our hybrid workshop jointly organized by Surface Measurements Systems and FinnCERES.
- Wed, 21 SeptHaukilahden lukioWelcome to our hybrid event jointly organized by FinnCERES and the Finnish Forest Products Engineers’ Association (PI). Join us to meet Talents for the future bioeconomy!
- Thu, 01 SeptPalaver, Dipoli, Aalto UniveristyIn this event, FinnCERES and FCAI researchers will discuss about new machine learning solutions for existing challenges in the world of bio-based materials.
- Fri, 26 AugEspooThis thesis studies whether it is possible to assess pulp reactivity by monitoring the rheological behavior of fiber suspensions during dissolution.
- Mon, 13 JunHelsinki, FinlandTappi Nano Conference is a leading international event for professionals utilizing nanotechnology in renewable materials.
- Thu, 09 JunMessukeskusIn this event you will hear the latest news about bio-based material research and the future plans in FinnCERES.
- Wed, 01 JunGothenburg, SwedenThe Nordic Polymer Days is an annual meeting circulating among the Nordic countries. A warm welcome to the Nordic Polymer Days 2022 in Gothenburg to all those interested in polymer science and engineering.
bottom of page