top of page
Highlights of our upcoming and past events
FinnCERES INTERACT Summer School 2023
Read more about the Flagships' Brussels expedition
Check out our science documentary!
- Tue, 04 JunUniversity of Helsinki04 Jun 2024, 10:00 EEST – 07 Jun 2024, 15:00 EESTUniversity of Helsinki, City Center CampusBiocolours 2024 conference welcomes researchers from all over the world to Helsinki, to share findings of natural and bio-based colourants within the theme of ‘Sustainable Value Chain for Colour’.
- Fri, 01 DecAalto UniversityA. Henn: Scalable Surface Chemistry for Lignin Modification - Creating Value for a Forest-Based Society01 Dec 2023, 12:00 – 15:00 EETAalto University, Lecture hall Ke1, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis thesis demonstrates how lignin's utility is improved in colloidal form, and by doing so provides examples of how lignin could be successfully valorized and applied.
- Wed, 29 NovAalto University29 Nov 2023, 11:00 – 17:00 EETAalto University, Palaver, Dipoli, Otakaari 24, 02150 Espoo, FinlandLearn how to benefit from advanced X-ray and neutron techniques in bio-based materials research.
- Fri, 17 NovAalto University17 Nov 2023, 13:00 – 16:00 EETAalto University, Lecture hall Ke2, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis thesis pioneered an interdisciplinary investigation of the use of cellulose nanofibers as immobilization matrices for photosynthetic cells.
- Thu, 16 NovMarriott Hotel Grand Place16 Nov 2023, 09:00 – 18:00 CETMarriott Hotel Grand Place, Rue Auguste Orts, Grand Place 3-7, 1000 Bruxelles, BelgiumThis event brings together key innovators, policy-makers, researchers, and funding agencies with the aim to explore the importance of the bioeconomy in fostering resource efficiency, resilience, and value creation across Europe.
- Wed, 15 NovAalto University15 Nov 2023, 12:00 – 15:00 EETAalto University, Lecture hall L1, Vuorimiehentie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis thesis provides insights on the filler-reinforcement of biodegradable polymers and their utilization as coating layers.
- Tue, 24 OctWebinar24 Oct 2023, 14:30 – 16:00 EESTWebinarHear the pitches of the brightest young Finnish researchers in this webinar organized jointly with the Finnish Forest Products Engineers' Association!
- Tue, 24 OctDipoli, Palaver, Aalto University24 Oct 2023, 09:30 – 15:00 EESTDipoli, Palaver, Aalto University, Otakaari 24, 02150 Espoo, FinlandOur Ecosystem Event of 2023 brings together top experts from industry and academia to discuss the central questions of utilizing advanced bio-based materials on an industrial scale.
- Fri, 06 OctAalto University06 Oct 2023, 13:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall Ke2, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThe results of this thesis offer new insights into the characteristics of HWE treated wood and potential solutions to improve its dimensional stability and resistance against wood-inhabiting fungi.
- Mon, 04 SeptHotel Korpilampi, Espoo, Finland04 Sept 2023, 10:00 EEST – 08 Sept 2023, 15:00 EESTHotel Korpilampi, Espoo, Finland, Korpilammentie 5, 02970 Espoo, FinlandWelcome to the FinnCERES Flagship INTERACT Summer School: Harnessing the Power of Interactions for Lignocellulosics Design!
- Fri, 01 SeptAalto UniversityA. Ketola: Surface and inter-fibre interactions in aqueous cellulose-based systems for open fibrous structures01 Sept 2023, 12:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall L1, Vuorimiehentie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThe thesis' findings increase the general understanding of fibre surface properties and interaction mechanisms between bubbles and cellulose fibres and can be applied in material design i
- Fri, 25 AugAalto University25 Aug 2023, 12:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall Ke2, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis thesis presents a comprehensive biorefinery concept based on wood fractionation in gamma-valerolactone.
- Fri, 18 AugAalto UniversityI. Leppänen: Inherent and Tailored Properties of Cellulose - A Versatile Toolbox for Materials Engineering18 Aug 2023, 12:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall L1, Vuorimiehentie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis thesis explored the inherent properties of cellulose and aimed to exploit them in innovative material solutions.
- Fri, 30 JunAalto University30 Jun 2023, 12:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall Ke1, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThe primary objective of this thesis is to analyse the suitability of spectroscopic-based imaging methods to reveal the distribution of chemical reagents in modified wood at different length scales.
- Thu, 01 JunWebinar01 Jun 2023, 13:00 – 14:00WebinarJoin the World Circular Economy Forum Accelerator Session webinar to learn how Finnish forerunner companies apply circular design in minerals, textile, and food industry as well as in chemical products and processes. The webinar is jointly hosted by Aalto, Syke, GTK, VTT and LUKE.
- Fri, 26 MayAalto University26 May 2023, 12:00 – 15:00 EESTAalto University, Lecture hall Ke2, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis thesis aimed to develop a faster and less energy-demanding bleaching technology by using hypochlorous acid as a bleaching chemical for kraft pulp.
- Thu, 25 MayAalto University25 May 2023, 08:20 – 14:30 EESTAalto University, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandBusiness Finland together with the FinnCERES Flagship are organizing a seminar focusing on wood construction and novel bio-based materials as a part of the Bioeconomy Trade and Study Mission from the United States to Finland.
- Wed, 24 MayAalto University24 May 2023, 12:00 – 14:30 EESTAalto University, , Lecture room Ke2, Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, FinlandThis dissertation studied the effects of the self-assembly on both structural and optical properties of dried films and coatings.
bottom of page